Wednesday, May 2, 2007

What devotionals do you recommend?

I had an email from a fellow CWM and she was asking what devotionals Moms in the CWM community use for their quiet times. Could you please share what devotionals you like? Also, a second question. How many of you have a devotion time just spent on worshipping God not praying for all our needs and others? This morning I was listening to a great Hymns CD, singing like crazy in my car (I'm sure cars around me thought I was nuts). The time was a wonderful, praise and worship time to our awesome God.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

I love to worship in my car. I listen to Christian Rock on the radio-it really is a blessing to me. I pray and talk to God in my car too-I have given up worrying about what other dirvers might think because it has become such a reviving activity to sing and talk to the Lord while I am driving.

Thanks for the newsletter and the Blog!! I would truly appreciate a visit and some comments on my own blog: http://www.guruetteonthenet.com/wp

Happy and Holy Mother's Day to all!!
Thanks again,
Marianne

Coach Kimberly said...

Marianne,

Glad to know I'm not the only one who sings in the car. Thanks for all your kind words.

Anonymous said...

A couple of months ago I started reading each morning one chapter from one of the Gospels (I started with John) and then one chapter from one of the letters from Paul. It takes me 10 minutes in the morning and then I meditate on it throughout the day. It is amazing how much I have read in a short period of time. Also, it is cool how sometimes what I have read will relate to what I may be facing that particular day. I really feel like something is missing if I don't do my morning reading.

Deb

Coach Kimberly said...

Deb,

I'm always amazed when people think the Bible is an old book and isn't relevant today. You are so right about reading a passage of scripture and it fitting to your particular needs of the day. Excellent idea about reading one chapter a day of the gospels. The Bible has new things to show us every day. I have found in my old life and verse gets richer and deeper over the years. Thanks for sharing.